Friday, January 27, 2012

Homeschooling Organization

My daughter attends a school where she is partially home schooled.  I'll talk less about the day by day instruction and organization, but more about our supplies and how we keep it under control in our small home, which has been helpful for us whether or not we home schooled!

Our designated "schooling area" is our dining table.  However, at the end of each day, we need to clean it up because we entertain often, and leaving it out is not an option in our home where flat surfaces are prime real estate!

We have a foyer table that has a shelf, and in between 2 large baskets can fit inside.  I purchased these ones that are similar from World Market/Cost Plus using coupons, and paid about $15 each. They have been well worth the investment!

The top basket houses all of our crayons, markers, glue, pens, hole puncher, stickers, etc...


The bottom basket houses all of our texts, ruler, curriculum (6 weeks at at time), papers completed work (6 weeks at a time).


This system allows me to have everything on hand - I pull out the bottom basket each homeschooling day and I have everything I need to teach at my fingertips.  I can pull it out without having to walk back and forth to a shelf in the adjacent room.  We bring the top basket out when there are crafts or coloring for that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment