I waited 30 minutes while cleaning the kitchen and came back to find it was completely dry and had not faded as it dried at all. I then wiped it off with a tissue, part of it came off but there was a faint shadow of the shape and color left, so i went over it with a wet paper towel, after which it lifted the rest right off. I will need to "prime" that section again with white stick chalk to ensure that futuee markings don't get "burned" into the chalkboard. I did receive these markers for free in exchange for an honest review. I would purchase these now knowing what I do about their pigmentation, ease of removal, and low price compared to other brands for the large size of the marker and the number of markers included-12. It's a very good value compared to what you might purchase at Target or Michaels for superior quality. I am looking forward to trying my hand at Christmas themed art that will go beyond plain black and white; I'm thinking Christmas trees and colored lights in my chalk art!
Thanks for stopping by! I'm a work-in-progress thirty-something old wife and mom of 2 kids. I recently returned to work after many years at home. I'm still learning to cook meals, organize my home, dress myself, give generously where we can, and parent God-wardly.
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Chalk Art Markers
I love the look of chalk art-with creativity and the right tools, people create works of art for birthdays, weddings, and wall art that changes with the season or holiday. I'm not gifted artistically, but I have followed some tutorials online and used templates to guide my own chalk art. These chalk art markers by Artcolor are vibrant and deep in pigmentation. The first color I attempted was red-I used it on a black chalkboard and expected that it may be difficult to see a dark color in a dark background but I was surprised to find that the color was a bright and deep red. It took a while to dry, I touched it about 30 seconds after my initial application and it was still wet in areas where the ink liquid was a little more heavily applied.
I waited 30 minutes while cleaning the kitchen and came back to find it was completely dry and had not faded as it dried at all. I then wiped it off with a tissue, part of it came off but there was a faint shadow of the shape and color left, so i went over it with a wet paper towel, after which it lifted the rest right off. I will need to "prime" that section again with white stick chalk to ensure that futuee markings don't get "burned" into the chalkboard. I did receive these markers for free in exchange for an honest review. I would purchase these now knowing what I do about their pigmentation, ease of removal, and low price compared to other brands for the large size of the marker and the number of markers included-12. It's a very good value compared to what you might purchase at Target or Michaels for superior quality. I am looking forward to trying my hand at Christmas themed art that will go beyond plain black and white; I'm thinking Christmas trees and colored lights in my chalk art!
I waited 30 minutes while cleaning the kitchen and came back to find it was completely dry and had not faded as it dried at all. I then wiped it off with a tissue, part of it came off but there was a faint shadow of the shape and color left, so i went over it with a wet paper towel, after which it lifted the rest right off. I will need to "prime" that section again with white stick chalk to ensure that futuee markings don't get "burned" into the chalkboard. I did receive these markers for free in exchange for an honest review. I would purchase these now knowing what I do about their pigmentation, ease of removal, and low price compared to other brands for the large size of the marker and the number of markers included-12. It's a very good value compared to what you might purchase at Target or Michaels for superior quality. I am looking forward to trying my hand at Christmas themed art that will go beyond plain black and white; I'm thinking Christmas trees and colored lights in my chalk art!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment