Friday, January 27, 2012

Top 2 Things I avoid at the Dollar Store

I mentioned my love for dollar store items yesterday.  There are some things, however, that I walk right by because I am doubtful of a product's value or safety.  Here are my top picks of things I avoid at the dollar store.  These may not be the case for you, or in your area, but these are my personal no-nos.

1. Canned food, candies, fresh groceries:  In general, I avoid purchasing any foods at the dollar store.  They will often sell dented cans of food as well as items that are woefully close to their expiration date.  Many of the candies I see are not mainline brands, and after looking at the package, most are made in China - which makes me question the ingredients in the candy. 

2.  Makeup:  I am not a makeup snob, but the makeup at the dollar store looks very questionable, with many nailpolishes yellowing and well past their prime date.

Please share any great finds you've made at the dollar store!

No comments:

Post a Comment