It's been a hot heat summer so far, and it's kept us going to the pool and to the beach almost every week, sometimes more than once! Thankfully we live in an area that's possible. For those that are feeling a tinge of jealousy (non- Southern CA folks I presume, haha) we don't have a real backyard space (it's like 20x10 feet), or large home (under 1400 sq. feet!) to encourage a lot of running around at or around home. Therefore, the only way to really beat the heat is outdoors.
We have a designated meeting time with friends from school to meet at a certain beach every Thursday, around the same time. It's been an awesome blessing because we get to play with friends and enjoy the beach more often that we might normally do, without any one person bearing the stress of hosting a weekly playdate. We've only missed out on a couple of those beach days so far. The same kids will be in the same class this Fall, and they really enjoy their time together.
I have been doing a LOT of web-surfing on the interweb (any 30 Rock fans here?) for ideas for my daughter's birthday. There are so many amazingly talented people who are designing parties... while a party planner is not in my budget, many of their ideas are easy to do, inexpensive (think dollar store for much of everything!) and high on creativity which I could really use. Here are links to some of my faves...
www.onecharmingparty.com
www.saraspartyperfect.com
www.hostessblog.com
Hope you enjoy!
Hi there!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog!
The streamer background is surprisingly easy to make! I just measured a piece of twine (you could use ribbon instead) to the length of how wide I wanted the backdrop to be. Then I bought a bunch of streamers from walmart and the dollar store, measured the length I wanted the backdrop to be, and then cut a BUNCH of them (or I should say, my husband cut them) to the same length. Then I just folded the top of the streamer over the twine and taped it so it was looped on the twine and repeated that over and over until it was nice and full! I would even overlap the streamers once I had a whole roll going across!
Good luck! Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!
P.S. I sell printable invitations on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrintYourHeartOut
I would be happy to make up a dolphin invite for you if you'd like!
Laura