Thanks for stopping by! I'm a work-in-progress thirty-something old wife and mom of 2 kids. I recently returned to work after many years at home. I'm still learning to cook meals, organize my home, dress myself, give generously where we can, and parent God-wardly.
Saturday, November 12, 2011
It's Already November...
It's already November. It's hard to believe that we are nearing the last lap of 2011 and that Christmas season is almost here. Once October breathes its last, I release myself to indulge in the glories of Christmas music and the beginnings of holiday decorating around my home. Yet, Christmas does not have the same appeal it did for me in years past. Perhaps it's because I can now pamper myself with whatever accessory or gadget I want year round as an adult, without having to wait for it to appear under the tree. Or perhaps my faith has been deadened and lost the zeal and luster of its youth. But I know it's not any one of those things. It is because God is making me more aware of my desperate need for Jesus every. single. day. No longer do I need a season or a day of the year to celebrate that Jesus came to us, because my sins serve as a constant reminder of my pitiful and damned condition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment