Image Credit: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5255/5480561164_88ccdf28d3_o.jpg
1. I scrawl my list of grocery needs on a kitchen chalkboard as I need them. When it's time to shop, I take a picture of it on my phone, and use that as my list as I shop. No having to recopy the list on a paper which I will probably lose before I get to the market. Cuts out lots of work!
Image Credit: http://www.closet-shelf.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Sliding-Patio-Doors.jpg
2. Squeegee my windows. Lovely home, isn't it? Not mine though! I do have a lot of sliding doors in my home though, and with 2 small kids coupled with my laziness makes for really messy windows. I bought a $1 squeegee from Ikea, and now after I give the window a thorough spraydown of Windex, I squeegee my way clean. Most everything comes off except for the most stubborn stains like bird droppings and it's nothing that a quick swipe with a paper towel can't solve. Much fewer streak marks, and MUCH faster to do. I find myself cleaning windows more often as a result!
3. Cleaning lampshades is such a chore, but giving it a roll down with a lint roller clears off dust and dander that can settle in. A whole lampshade is done in less than 30 seconds!
Next time I'll share some of my other shortcuts around the house. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog. Would love to hear from you in my comments! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment